Sunday, July 15, 2012

With one week left in Ireland.

This is the body of work I am happy with... and there are a lot of disregarded projects that will not be coming home with me. They are are works on paper composed of found materials and imagery taken from this beautiful land.  Collage materials are phone book pages, image transfers and maps. The foreground objects are from items I purchases (the toys all came from the Wooden Heart Toy Store in Galway) or from photos I took, with the exception of the biplane which I found online, to accompany the toy plane. 

When I return to Philly I will construct custom panels to mount these works on, in order to five them a more finished appearance, now the hard part comes... writing a relevant artist statement, writing a terms paper and polishing on my sketch books, which have become more of scrapbooks of nerdyness. 


 
                                      Toy Chicken                                            Resident Rooster
Acrylic and photo transfers on paper. 

                                    Toy Boat                                                                    Galway Hooker
Acrylic and phone book pages on paper

Biplane
Toy Plane 
Acrylic and Irish maps on paper.


Little Pig, Little Pig, Let Me In
Acrylic on photo transfers, of nursery rhyme cards (purchased in Galway) on illustration board.


Too Hard, Too Soft...
Acrylic and collage, of the back sides of the nursery rhyme cards, on illustration board.



No comments:

Post a Comment